Some words on Alan – Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher
…Alanji, an Italian born in Switzerland who lived in India…
Alan teaches Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga with respect for tradition and his lessons aim to bring the practitioner to the experience of Mysore-style practice; where the rhythm of the body that flows between the asanas is dictated by individual breathing – we are all unique – and where the final experience of the practice becomes a meditation on impermanence and a development of the equanimous mind.
Within his eclectic background we can find studies of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurvedic Massage, Buddhist Philosophy and years of Kung Fu practice (Tai Chi Ch’uan, Shaolin Ch’uan, Chi Kung)… all matched with a MSc in Mechanical Engineering and a previous successful corporate working life.
After an early encounter with the Yoga Path, he took a diversion for coming back to it in the last decade. In particular, since 2011 Alan has totally dedicated himself to the Ashtanga Yoga, traveling as a spiritual seeker, deepening his yogic knowledge and refining his daily practice of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga.
Alan had the opportunity to experience the differences in approach to Yoga practice in the USA, Canada, India, Nepal, Italy, acquiring new tools to deepen his understanding of the traditional Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. He studied and taught mainly in Italy and India (in Rishikesh Hatha / Iyengar Yoga and in Mysore Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, practicing first with Sharath Jois to then become a dedicated student / assistant of Vijay Kumar).
During his travels Alan alternate periods of study and collaborations with different Yoga schools for short or long periods of Teaching & TTC, Workshops and Yoga & Meditation Retreats.
- Since 2017/18 assistant at Ashtanga Saadhana – Vijay Kumar – Mysore, India
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher at Mandala Yoga Studio – Kathmandu, Nepal
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher at Yoga Soa Studio – Antananarivo, Madagascar
- Coordinator and Yoga Teacher (Asana, Anatomy and Philosophy) TTC Yoga Multistyle at Green Yoga International – Goa, India
- Yoga Teacher (Asana, Anatomy and Philosophy) TTC Yoga Multistyle at Kashish Yoga – Goa, India
- Yoga Teacher (Asana, Anatomy and Philosophy) TTC Hatha/Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga at MAA Yoga Ashram – Rishikesh, India
- Yoga Alliance 200HS TTC Hatha Yoga at Rishikesh Yog Peeth – Rishikesh, India
- Yoga Alliance 300HS TTC Hatha Yoga at Rishikesh Yog Peeth – Rishikesh, India
- TTC Ashtanga Vinyasa 1st Series – Yoga Chikitsa, at Ashtanga Saadhana – Vijay Kumar – Mysore, India
- TTC Ashtanga Vinyasa 2nd Series – Nadi Shodhana, at Ashtanga Saadhana – Vijay Kumar – Mysore, India
- Pranayama Course at Samatva Yogalaya – Krishna Sikhwal – Rishikesh, India
- Pranayama with BNS Iyengar – Mysore, India
- Mudra Course with BNS Iyengar – Mysore, India
- More Than Anatomy: Anatomy, Physiology and Biomechanics in Yoga by Dr. Robert Lamport (UK) – Mysore, India
- Backbending and Flexibility Course at Prana Vashya Yoga Shala – Vinay Kumar – Mysore, India
- Three 6 weeks Intensive Courses with Louise Ellis at Ashtanga Center – Rishikesh, India
- Ayurvedic Therapeutic Massage Course at Harita Ayurveda Research and Development Foundation – Rishikesh, India
- Tui Na Massage and Traditional Chinese Medicine 2 Years Course with Dr. Zheng Yuangrang (CHN) – Milan, Italy
- Nalanda Diploma Course in Tibetan Buddhist Philosophy (1 year, partially online attendance), Tibet House – Delhi, India
- Nalanda Master Course in Tibetan Buddhist Philosophy (4 years, partially online attendance – still in progress), Tibet House – Delhi, India
- Basic Program Course in Tibetan Buddhist Philosophy (5 years – still in progress), FPMT (Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition) – Nepal, India
What the Students say about Alanji … Some of the Teachers and the Attained Certifications
Whether you have experience from ashtanga teachings or not I believe anyone will find Alan’s teaching inspiring.
Alan teaches with a disciplined mindset but at the same time he radiates a playfulness that entangles his students. I have a lot of respect for his knowledge and the way he shares it and I feel honored to have learned from him.
Much gratitude to you Alan.”
Alanji – Tradition with Personality
Being taught in Ashtanga Vinyasa during my YTTC in India, I was amazed of Alan’s knowledge of yoga, especially Ashtanga, whether it was the anatomy, asanas, breathing, physical, historical or philosophical aspects that was brought up.
During class we were very mixed levels but Alan still shared the intensity, energy and flow of Ashtanga, so that even the complete beginners were hooked! Step by step he guided us through the series, flying gracefully through every vinyasa in slow motion.
If you want a teacher with respect and passion for the traditions and also keeps it up to date with knowledge, humor and personality, be sure to get in touch with Alan!
Alan is a very inspiring and energetic yoga teacher with a lot of experience and knowledge. He is also kind and fun to be around. 😉
I would definitely recommend him to anyone wanting to improve and go deep in their practice.
Regards to everyone! Take care and good luck!!
Alan was my Ashtanga, anatomy and philosopy yoga teacher during my 200hrs TTC at Green Yoga India, Goa.
In addition to being an exceptional yogi with impeccable practice, Alan has been able to support and accompany me on my journey as a student and future teacher in the best possible way, with very valid and constructive advice and feedback.
Alan is like an artist, constantly working on his craft with diligence, dedication and passion yet always with a vibrant sense of fun and a warm smile on his face.
He shares his knowledge with an open heart and a genuine willingness to help students on their journey. His presence and authenticity make him an inspiration to be around.
When I saw Alan first time, he gave me that impression of a spiritual guru: smart, strict, intelligent and extremely good at his asanas!
When our training kept unwrapping, I could see Alan from so many different angles! He is not only knowledgeable and experienced teacher, but he is caring and helpful to his student which is so important! He paid attention to everyone’s postures and answered all the questions we had!
Apart from being amazing teacher, Alan is comfortable to hang out with his students and very down to earth! During my examination he was able to point out my major strong and weak points, and during every self practice I can’t, but do lots of sun salutations,
keeping Alan’s voice in my head 🙂